FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHERE DO YOU MAKE NYME ORGANICS PRODUCTS?
We formulate, manufacture and distribute all Nyme Organics skincare and teething jewelry products at our facility outside Dallas-Fort Worth. We manufacture our organic cotton clothing in North Carolina from fabric knitted in South Carolina. We do not outsource or use any third-party manufacturing for skincare, clothing or teething jewelry.
WHAT IS THE SHELF LIFE OF PRODUCTS?
We handcraft Nyme Organics skincare products in small batches with the freshest, highest quality organic ingredients so they do have a limited shelf life. In general, we recommend using Nyme Organics skincare products within (6) months of the original purchase date. It’s also best not to leave them on the shelf too long because the botanicals will lose strength.
CAN ADULTS USE YOUR PRODUCTS?
Absolutely. While we designed Nyme Organics for babies and kids, they’re incredibly effective for adults too.
WHERE CAN I FIND A COMPLETE LIST OF PRODUCT INGREDIENTS?
Right on each product page and on every label. Our manufacturing is 100% transparent, so we not only tell you what’s in each product but exactly “why” we carefully select these ingredients. You decide if they’re right for your family. We use only ingredients you know, like olive oil, coconut oil, lavender, marshmallow, mandarin, cocoa butter and chamomile.
DO YOUR PRODUCTS CONTAIN PARABENS, PABA, PHTHALATES, DYES, SULFATES OR FOAMING AGENTS?
Absolutely not. We make our skincare collection from the safest, purest, wild harvested ingredients you’ll find anywhere. When we say “all natural,” we mean “all” natural: 100% free of toxins, chemicals, metals, synthetics and dyes. The high-foaming lather of Bluebird Castile Soap comes from the high concentrate of coconut oil, which creates a more luxurious lather than any detergent.
DO YOUR PRODUCTS CONTAIN SYNTHETIC FRAGRANCES OR FRAGRANCE OILS?
No. All fragrances are 100% natural, derived from plant-based ingredients like Calendula and Chamomile flowers. We also use pure extracts and aromatherapy quality essential oils for their well-known healing properties.
THE COLOR OF MY BUN GLAZE IS A LITTLE DARKER-LIGHTER-GREENER THAN MY LAST BOTTLE. IS THIS NORMAL?
Absolutely. The color, scent and texture of our products may vary slightly batch-to-batch. All of our ingredients are crop-based, so they may be affected by the growing season or harvest time. These variances are what make our natural products unique. And rest assured, no products become available until they pass our rigorous quality control standards.
IS BUN GLAZE SAFE TO USE ON CLOTH DIAPERS?
Yes, Bun Glaze is completely safe for cloth diapering and will wash out cleanly, leaving no residue.
I NOTICED A BROWN RESIDUE IN MY RUBBIT OIL. IS THIS NORMAL?
Absolutely. It’s the good stuff! This is the starter culture of the botanicals—the calendula flower and mandarin—also known as the “mother.”
CAN I USE BLUEBIRD CASTILE SOAP AS A SHAMPOO?
Bluebird is a fantastic mild body wash for anyone from newborn to 90-years-old, and many people use it as a gentle replacement for chemical-filled shampoos. But there are a few things to consider, especially for adult hair:
- Don’t use too much. Even though Bluebird is a simple vegetable oil-based soap, it’s still a powerful cleaner. Remember to pair it with an acidic conditioner, like apple cider vinegar with a 50% water dilution.
- Transitioning from a traditional shampoo/conditioner to Castile soap may take a couple weeks. Be patient.
- No castile soap is color safe so using it as a shampoo can lead to fading or spotting. Treated hair needs acidic products only (like shampoos) and soap, by nature, is not acidic.
- Experiment first. Everyone’s hair has its own personality and it reacts differently to different products.
DO YOU TEST YOUR PRODUCTS ON ANIMALS?
Never. We are proud to be certified 100% cruelty-free by Leaping Bunny and the same goes for every one of our suppliers. We also partnered with PETA and signed their Statement of Assurance that we "do not conduct, contract out, or fund studies on animals in the development, manufacturing, testing, or marketing of our products, nor do we intend to do so." That’s why you’ll find the Beauty Not Bunnies logo on all our skincare products.
I’M VEGAN. WHICH PRODUCTS CAN I USE ON MY FAMILY?
Although our goal was to make as many vegan products as possible, we do use certified organic yellow beeswax to make Bun Glaze and On the Spot. We’ve tried to find a better certified organic, plant-based substitute for beeswax but there isn’t one that offers the same amazing qualities and skin benefits. Beeswax contains Vitamin A for normal cell development, has natural antibacterial properties and sunblock qualities, and forms a protective barrier against environmental impacts while keeping moisture in. Plant-based waxes like Candelilla or Carnauba are the only alternatives, but they offer few real skin benefits. They’re also brittle and tend to clump together, and that leads to an inferior product.
I’M PALEO. WHICH PRODUCTS CAN I USE ON MY FAMILY?
Nyme Organics is Certified Paleo by the Paleo Foundation. The only exception in our skincare line is Oatmeal Cookie Bath because it contains organic, gluten-free oat flour.
DO YOU, OR WILL YOU CARRY ANY OTHER BRANDS?
We don’t have any immediate plans to carry products other than the ones we create and make ourselves. This allows us to focus on the quality, consistency, health, safety and affordability of our items. On occasion, we do partner with other brands that share our philosophy on giveaways and charitable efforts.
DO YOU OFFER SAMPLES?
Not at the moment, but we’re working on it. Check back soon.
HOW “GREEN” ARE YOUR PACKAGING MATERIALS?
All of our bottles, tops and pouches are and always will be completely BPA-free and most are manufactured in the U.S.A. The Natural Kraft pouches we use for Oatmeal Cookie Bath pouches are manufactured in the U.S.A. from 60% renewable wood pulp.
HOW “GREEN” ARE YOUR SHIPPING MATERIALS?
Our packaging is “ridiculously green” thanks to a company we found in Colorado. It’s 100% recycled, recyclable, biodegradable and sustainable, thanks to a custom mix of 95% post-consumer waste and 5% post-industrial waste. We use NO new materials in our shipping boxes or padding.
DO YOU OFFER FREE SHIPPING?
Yes, for all orders over $50 in the continental U.S.A.
RETURNS & EXCHANGES
While we hope you love everything about your order, we’ll gladly offer a replacement, refund or exchange if you’re not completely happy.
- When can I return or exchange my items? We accept returns of any unused, unworn clothing or teething jewelry items up to (30) days from the original purchase date for a full refund, in-store credit or product exchange. Clothing returns received (30) to (90) days from the original purchase date receive store credit. You may return unopened and unused skincare items up to (30) days from the purchase date for an in-store credit or product exchange. These items are perishable and may not be re-sold. All Bundles are subject to a 10% restocking fee. We do not charge a restocking fee on individual items.
- What can I return? Clothing items must be unworn, unwashed and undamaged. Please include any accessories that accompanied your items. Skincare items must be unopened and unused. If any items arrived as part of a gift set, please return the entire gift set.
- What if my items are damaged or defective? Please notify us within (5) business days of your package arrival date if any items arrive damaged or defective and we will gladly replace them free of charge.
- Am I charged shipping to return or exchange my items? No, and we only charge a 10% restocking fee on Baby Bundles, not individual items.
- How do I return or exchange items? If you live in the continental U.S., simply attach the prepaid, bar-coded UPS Return Label to the original packaging and ship. Click HERE to find the nearest UPS shipping location. UPS allows you to track your return online and shipments typically arrive at our facility in (5) to (7) business days. If you choose not to use our prepaid label, you’re responsible for paying all return shipping costs. Unfortunately, we don’t offer prepaid return shipping outside the continental U.S.A. at this time.
- How do I return a gift? If your item was a gift, you may exchange your item(s) for comparable value or receive store credit. Sorry, we can’t give cash back without a receipt.
- Where do I return my items? Nyme Organics Customer Service, 1601 N Sepulveda Blvd, Ste 645, Manhattan Beach CA 90266 U.S.A.
- Can I return or exchange items in-store? We’d love to have a retail location, but brick-and-mortar operations cost a lot of money and we want to keep costs to a bare minimum. If you need something right away, email us at TalkToUs@NymeOrganics.com and we’ll do everything we can to expedite your request.
- How do I return items shipped internationally? Orders shipped internationally aren't eligible for free returns or merchandise exchanges. We will deduct return shipping and handling fees from your return credit. We also can’t refund any duties or taxes incurred.
- Credit Card Returns & Exchange Processing We typically issue refunds within (10) business days of receiving your item(s). Your next statement should show the amount credited, depending on the issuing bank and/or billing cycle. If you request an exchange, we will credit your account for the return and charge for the new item. Please note, the original shipping costs are non-refundable.